'Amaka in New York': A Little Girl's Struggle

 


"I've always loved reading, and I enjoy writing. I read a lot of books by authors such as Enid Blyton. I haven’t been bullied, but I have siblings who have been bullied due to their skin color, so part of my writing is my empathy for how they felt. There were also times I have felt like no one was listening to me, so I wanted to use the story to share how children feel when it seems they are not listened to.”

The words of 10 year old author, Olachi Okoroafor whose debut novel, 'Amaka in New York' is the story of a young Nigerian girl who is forced to  adapt to her new city when her mother, a single parent, moves to America. Amaka not only struggles to fit in in her new environment but also deals with bullies, build up her self esteem and learn to stand up for  herself. 

Published by Accomplish Press, it is available in ebook format at Okada Books, Smashwords, Amazon UK, Amazon US and Barnes & Noble.


AD

Get your Christmas shopping done before December! Octramarket is the best and easiest platform to handle all your needs for the upcoming time of the year. 



Download the Octramarket app at Google Play or Apple Store today and experience great deals on top quality items.


Comments

Popular Posts