THE RETURN OF "PRISON BREAK"


The final few minutes ...Sara Tancredi (SarahWayne Callies) was seen with a little boy; obviously Michael's son and hers, Fernando Scure (Amaury Nolasco) at home with his daughter, C-Note (Rockmond Dunbar) became a UPS delivery man, Lincoln (Dominic Purcell)  back in close terms with his son L.J and running a scuba shop, T-Bag (Robert Knepper) back in jail where he belonged, Paul Mahone (William Ficthtner) arm in arm with his former colleague. They all meet and go to a grave... and to my devastation, Michael's name was on the headstone. After everything... Michael was dead. 
Call me emotional and remind me it's all fiction. Okay, you are right. But from the moment I watched the first episode of "Prison Break," I was hooked. Not just to the story line  but to the back histories of the characters. 

Michael (Wentworth Miller) was obviously my favorite, I was really drawn to this character. He was something you would want as a friend and protector because you can be sure he would go out of his way to be there and come up with solutions to any tight corner. I found his devotion to his brother Lincoln touching; considering they were so different and he was more than willing to throw his comfortable life and career to break Lincoln out of prison, by manipulating his way into the prison itself. 
To cut a long story short, I was very upset he was killed off instead of a happy ever after with Sara and their son; after everything they went through to bring down "The Company" and finally walk around freely in public. I mourned him and felt I was cheated, more so after watching "The Final Break." Hence I gave my boxed set away and wanted to forget I ever watched the damn series. 
Then I heard the good news and it took me a bit to absorb... "Prison Break" was returning and ding, ding, ding!... Michael IS NOT DEAD!

I saw the trailer naturally. In it, the emotional way Sara described Michael to their son Michael Jr. clearly showed she was not over his death. Then comes a surprise,  T-Bag shows up  at Lincoln's doorstep with a photo. Okay, 3 questions... WHAT is that sociopath doing out of prison, how did he get the information and why did he go to Lincoln with it? 
Sara's reaction, though it looks like she has a new man in her life, wants the possibility of Michael being alive to be true. Where is Michael? In Yemen, a Yemen prison. But of course, yet how did he get there?  And that's where the story starts- Michael has to be broken out of prison... with Lincoln and Sara's help.

            

We are sure to see nail-biting scenarios as yet another prison break plan is carried out. While I'm still a bit shell-shocked at the news of "Prison Break"'s return, all I can think about is seeing my favorite character again.                                  

Comments

Popular Posts