Tina Turner: Tributes Pour In

Tina Turner & Beyonce at 2008 Grammys 

Tributes have continued pouring in following the death of  beloved Queen of Rock, Tina Turner; who passed away in her Swiss home on the 24th of May. Fans have flooded social media with condolences and praises for Tina and her music,  as well as celebrities sharing their fondest memories of the late icon.

Angela Bassett, who played Tina in the 1993 biopic, 'What's Love Got To Do With It':  "I am honored to have known Tina Turner. I am humbled to have helped show her to the world."

While Tina did not approve of the film and was not involved in the production , she praised Bassett's performance...

 "You never mimicked me. Instead, you reached deep into your soul, found your inner Tina, and showed her to the world."

Adrienne Warren who played Tina in 'Tina: The Musical'(which Tina approved of)  in 2018, 2019 and 2021: "Today we lost our Queen of Rock & Roll, an inspiration, an icon. Today I lost a teacher and a mentor," Warren captioned her post. "Rest, my friend. I love you, Anna Mae Bullock. Thank you."


Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger, who performed with her at the 1985 Live Aid concert: "She was truly an enormously talented performer and singer. She was inspiring, warm, funny and generous. She helped me so much when I was young and I will never forget her."

Beyonce: "You are the epitome of power and passion. We are all so fortunate to have witnessed your kindness and beautiful spirit that will forever remain. Thank you for all you have done."

Sir Rod Stewart: "I’m devastated, what a woman! A friend and mentor - ‘It takes two’ - but there was only one Tina Turner."

Bryan Adams: "The world just lost one hell of a powerhouse woman. I'll be forever grateful for the time we spent together on tour, in the studio and as friends."

From Coldplay: Thank you to Tina for being sweet, not just to us but to the whole world and making us so entertained." 

 U.S President Joe Biden: "Jill and I send our love and prayers to her husband Erwin, the rest of the Turner family, and fans around the world who are mourning today for the woman they agree was “simply the best.”


Video: Top 10 Tina Turner Moments

Comments

Popular Posts