Sean Connery: Daniel Craig & Past Bonds Give Tribute



Current Bond actor , Daniel Craig and past Bond actors have joined other celebrities in paying tribute to late Sir Sir Sean Connery- the first  Bond actor-  who passed away in his sleep on the 31st of October, 2020. 



Craig stated on Twitter:

It is with such sadness that I heard of the passing of one of the true greats of cinema. Sir Sean Connery will be remembered as Bond and so much more. The wit and charm he portrayed on screen could be measured in mega watts; he helped create the modern blockbuster. He will continue to influence actors and film makers alike for years to come. My thoughts are with his family and loved one. Wherever he is, I hope there is a golf course. 


From 2nd Bond actor George Lazenby, whose solo performance as Bond was in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, also expressed his sadness: 

Only a few weeks ago I was wishing Sean all the best for his 90th birthday. Now I'm very sad to be condoling with his family and friends. Of course Sean Connery as James Bond inspired me personally but it seemed to have encapsulated an age, the Sixties. 

A man after my own heart. A great actor, a  great man and underappreciated artist has left us. My thoughts are with Lady Micheline and Sean's children and grandchildren. Only Love, George XXX


From 4th Bond actor, Timothy Dalton, who succeeded the late Sir Roger Moore in the role: 

Sean Connery was a wonderful presence. A great leading man. 


From the 5th Bond, Pierce Brosnan, who described him as "one of the true greats of cinema": 

He will cast a long shadow of cinematic splendour that will live on forever.


From Dr No co-star, Ursula Andress;

He was a great man, today men like that just don't exist, they are all too narcissistic, too taken with themselves. Today finding someone like Sean is very difficult, he was a great friend and a fabulous actor. For me Sean is not dead, he will always be alive, with me forever. 


From Harrison Ford, who starred with Sir Connery as bickering father and son in The Last Crusade

He was my father, not in life, but in Indy 3. You don't know pleasure until someone pays you to take Sean Connery for a ride in the side car of a Russian motorcycle bouncing along a twisty, bumpy mountain trail and getting to watch him squirm. God- we had fun. If he's in heaven, I hope they have gold courses. Rest in peace, dear friend. 


From Kevin Costner, who played Elliot Ness in The Untouchables, where Sir Connery played crusty police officer Jim Malone, which earned him his Best Supporting Actor Oscar: 

I, like the rest of the world, was deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Sean Connery this morning. Sean was a crafted actor who was enormously proud of his body of work.  He was a man's man who had an amazing career. 


Fellow The Untouchables alumn, Robert De Niro, who played Al Capone: 

I'm very sorry to hear about Sean's passing. He seemed so much younger than 90; I expected and hoped he'd be with us much longer. See you up there Sean.


From singer Shirley Bassey, who sang Goldfinger and Diamonds are Forever's  theme songs; 

I'm incredibly saddened to hear of Sean's passing. My thoughts are with his family. He was a wonderful person, a true gentleman and we will be forever connected to Bond. Forever in our hearts and may you rest in peace. 


From his Entrapment co-star, Catherine Zeta-Jones; 

Farewell my friend. I love you Sean Connery with all my heart. Until we meet again, I will cherish every moment I shared with you. 


From his Marnie co-star, Tippi Hedren;

 I feel so fortunate to have worked with Sean. I am just so grateful to have had the honour of knowing him as a dear friend. He was a fabulous man and so very talented. He had a great sense of humour and he made our job fun. 


Rest in peace, 007. You may have hated the role but you played it very well. 

Comments

Popular Posts