RIP Hogestyn, Ashton and Kristofferson

 


On the heels of Dame Maggie Smith's death, comes more sad news from the entertainment world. 


Drake Hogestyn, best known for playing John Black in the long-running soap opera "Days of Our Lives" since 1986, passed away on the 28th of September from pancreatic cancer; a day before his 71st birthday. He also featured prominently in the Peacock Limited Series "Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem" since 2022 and made a guest appearance in "Criminal Minds".  His passing has left a huge void among his colleagues and fans. 


From Days alum Staci Greason who played his first wife, Isabella Toscano Black: 

"He was the big brother I never had. My first and only TV husband. My heart hurts. All my love goes out to his wife, Victoria, the love of his life, and their four children and seven grands. His many loyal fans. And his family on Days of Our Lives. Drake, you’re playing in the majors now. Much love to you, my friend.”


From Kyle Lowder who  first played his son Brady Black: 

" It’s brutally hard to accept the reality of his passing. I will deeply miss you, Drake. The world has truly lost one of the best.”

From Eric Martsolf, who took over the role of his son Brady: 

"I was honored to portray his son and will continue to emulate his work ethic and spirit. The world will miss him, and I will continue to feel his hand on my shoulder always. God bless you, Drake.”


From Martha Madison who played his daughter, Belle Black Brady: 

"Drake was full of enthusiasm and humor and aways told the most amazing stories. He loved being an actor and always showed grace and gratitude when it came to his work and his fans. He loved his family deeply and was over the moon to be a grandfather."

Hogestyn is survived by his wife, 4 children and several grandchildren. 


John Ashton, best known for playing the temperamental John Taggart in Beverly Hills Cop 1, 2 and Beverly Hills Cop: Alex Foley (his final film), passed away on the 26th from cancer. He was 76 at the time of his death. His other credits include Midnight Run, Curly Sue, Dallas, The A-Team and Law and Order: SVU. He's survived by his wife and 2 children.  

From Judge Reinhold who played his partner Billy Rosewood in 3 of the Beverly Hills Cop films: 

"John LIVED his life! My brother, my partner, my Sarge – I love you. There’s no smoking in Heaven, John.”


Country singer, songwriter and actor, Kris Kristofferson passed away in Hawaii on the 28th of September at the age of 88, surrounded by his family. Besides his discography which earned him several awards, he's best known for starring with Barbara Streisand in the 1976 version of A Star is Born, (which earned him a Best Actor Golden Globe) and Blade's ally Whistler in the Blade trilogy. In 1976, he was a guest in The Muppet Show, appearing with his then-wife, Rita Coolidge. He's survived by his third wife Lisa Meyers and  8 children. 

From Barbra Streisand who played his love interest/wife Esther in A Star is Born (1976): 

 “The first time I saw Kris performing at the Troubadour club in L.A., I knew he was something special. My thoughts go to Kris’ wife, Lisa who I know supported him in every way possible,” 

Comments

Popular Posts