Sound Sultan Laid To Rest in U.S


 Fans and celebrities were stunned and saddened yesterday at the news of  Sound Sultan's death, which was announced by his brother.  Born Abdul Ganiu Olanrewaju Fasasi on the 27th of November, 1976; the late singer, song writer and actor passed away after a battle with Angioimmunoblastic  T-cell Lymphoma.  He was 44. 

In accordance  to Islamic rites, Sound Sultan was laid to rest yesterday  at the Malboro Muslim Cemetery in New Jersey; amidst tears from his widow, Farida Fasasi,  and family and friends present. 

Celebrities have taken to social media to express their sadness and shock over  the loss of Sound Sultan. 


From Richard Mofe Damijo... 

Did you know that when you wished me happy birthday  three days earlier than usual that you won't have the strength to do it a day later? Words would never be enough my brother. Love you mehn! 


From Kate Henshaw... 

I know Allah will receive you because you gave up yourself every single time, no questions asked. 


From Rugged Man.... 

Words escape me.... Ha! 


From Femi Kuti... 

I am shocked and sad at the passing of Sound Sultan ((He is Family). I pray our Creator gives his family strength at this time. 


From Frank Edoha... 

The nicest most humble and talented person you could ever know. Sound Sultan! Rest in peace. 


Sound Sultan posted his final  Instagram post on the 3rd of July which read: 

Celebrte me now wey I dey alive. Appreciate me now when I dey alive. No be say when I leave this life, you go dey fake am for my back. 

Sound Sultan's songs  are noted for addressing the societal ills in the country;  which included corruption and poverty. He made his acting debut in Tunde Kelani's The Campus Queen in 2004, in which he sang its main theme.  

May Allah grant him eternal rest in Al Jannah. Ameen. 

                                               

                                        Sound Sultan's Mathematics

                                         Sound Sultan's 2010

                                      Sound Sultan's Rainy Days 

Comments

Popular Posts