Eminem Unleashes Raw Emotion In New Album

Credit: Aftermath Records



In his new album Revival released yesterday and already generating  rave reviews,  Eminem (Marshal Mathers) takes on several subjects; politics, heartbreak, as well as  his struggles with fame and  parenthood.

In three songs in Revival’s track list, Eminem especially made reference to his 21 year old daughter Hallie Jade;  pouring out heartfelt guilt and regrets over his failings as a father, wishing he could change the past.

Courtesy: Twitter


In 'Castle'... in a  form of letters to Hallie,

I said your name but always tried to hide your face...This game is crazy, I wanted to claim my love for you but damn. I never knew it’d be like this. If I did, I wouldn’t have done it. You ain’t asked for none of this s***. Now you’re being punished? Things that should’ve been private with me and your mother is public.

In 'Arose'... a scenario of  his drug addicted self on his death bed, he apologises to Hallie and his other two children, regretting the number of events  he would miss in their lives,

Just heard they’re unplugging me... And it’s your birthday. Jade I’m missing your birthday. Baby girl, I’m sorry,

Smile pretty for pictures. Always cherish each other. I’ll always love ya. And I’ll be in the back of your memory. And I know you’ll never forget me. Just don’t get sad when remembering.”

And in 'In Your Head' featuring The Cranberries, Eminem again apologises to Hallie for making her 80% what he rapped about  and alluded  the present album would be is final one if yet another wasn't already in the works,

Hailie, baby, I didn't mean to make you eighty
Percent of what I rapped about

Fuck it, I've done enough in this rap shit
Recovery brought me nothin' but back
To where I was and perhaps

This coulda been my victory lap if I wasn't on the verge of Relapse...


Revivial's lead single, 'Walk on Water', features Beyoncé, which was released on November 10, 2017. To promote the album, 'Untouchable' was released  on the 8th of December. Other artistes featured include Phresher, Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys, X Ambassadors, Grey, Kehlani and P!nk.



Source: EW


"Walk On Water" Lyrical Video: (credit EminemVeVO)



 

Comments

Popular Posts